Skip to main content

A tangent for the day

I absolutely cannot stand when people ruin their own health. We are only given this ONE body, and it is our responsibility to take care of it. Yet people tend to think they're invincible, so they make disgusting choices for their health. Now, you may be wondering what spurned this outburst of mine. As I've walked across campus today, I have seen so many people sitting outside or walking to classes smoking cigarettes, as if smoking is as necessary as breathing. I must confess, when I walked by the people smoking, I purposefully coughed pretty loudly. I could've handled myself better, but I was just so perturbed! Research has proven how damaging smoking is to a person's lungs. Even so, college kids waste the money to buy the cigarettes while virtually destroy their otherwise perfectly healthy lungs. People don't understand how precious life is. I'm not saying I fully understand, either, because I know I don't. But I think those of us who have faced the reality of life have a better grasp on what it means to truly value life. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to do something as idiotic as smoking to hurt my poor lungs (same goes for underage drinking and doing drugs..the list could go on and on).

Please please please take the time to thank God for your health. What a blessing it is to be able to breathe, walk, jump, and run!

...And let me just encourage you to think about how precious life is before you do something you'll regret.

Have a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Letter 2019

Dear friends and family, I hope you all are having a happy and healthy 2019! The Great Strides CF Walk is just around the corner, and we are gearing up for a great walk day! Since my last CF Walk letter, my health has had its ups and downs. Just before the CF walk last year, I got the sickest I have been in awhile and had to fight off pneumonia with the help of 4 weeks of IVs. I also had to do IV antibiotics in August and November. However, I have stayed relatively healthy in 2019, and for that, I am extremely grateful! Although I’ve had to fight off 2 colds, my body has been able to get through it without needing IV antibiotics. While I know I will need another round of IVs eventually, I am thoroughly enjoying being IV free. I credit this to the amazing CF therapies available to me, my compliance to my treatments, and all of your prayers for my health. I continue to take 30+ pills a day including enzymes to digest my food, vitamins and supplements that my body cannot absorb ...

CF Letter 2020

Dear friends and family, It's May 2020, which means it is another CF Awareness month and another time to talk about all the amazing things happening in the CF world! This has been a very good year in the CF community. In October of 2019, Trikafta was approved by the FDA for all people with CF with at least one copy of the dF508 mutation. 90% of people with CF have at least one copy of this specific mutation. This is a HUGE deal in the CF community because it is one of a handful of drugs that addresses the underlying cause of CF and the only drug that such a huge percentage of people with CF can take. Trikafta is a total game-changer for so many, including me. I have gained stability, I require fewer IV antibiotics, I gained lung function I thought was long gone, and I feel like I can plan things in my life again. The hard work of the CF Foundation, willing researchers who continue to search for a cure and medicines that will increase quality of life, and the generous donations fr...

COVID-19

It's been a while since I've written. To be honest, I've missed it. Not for the likes or the comments, but because I do my best processing through writing. And, as we all know, there's a lot to process right now. I decided now would be a good time to jump back into writing while I have the time. It feels like the world is in chaos. Coronavirus has lots of people on edge. Many of us are quarantined to our houses. Scientists are telling us it's going to get worse before it gets better. I saw today that we might have to practice social distancing for a year or longer until there is a vaccine. A year?? Humans are designed for community and to be around one another. How are we supposed to live like this for a year or longer? Right now, we are just starting to figure out what it means to live in the time of coronavirus. There is still so much unknown, and that leaves many of us, myself included, feeling anxious. So today, I wanted to share some positive things I've ...