I'm officially finished with my sophomore year in college. Where has the time gone?? Packing up my room yesterday was so bittersweet. I'm going to miss Baylor and all my friends over the summer! I won't see some of these people for three long months. However, I'm glad for the break from schoolwork. Don't get me wrong--I love all things related to school. But it's definitely nice to have a break from tests, projects, and papers for awhile.
Looking back on this past year, I see God's faithfulness throughout my life. Journey with me for a second into my memories of the year.
1. God blessed me with the opportunity to lead a connection group at my church. I've grown so much in my faith through this because I've had the chance to explore what I believe more deeply. I have also gotten to meet some amazing men and women of God who have challenged me to pursue Christ with all that I am.
2. God also continues to bring people into my life who have blown me away with their ability to love. I have gotten to know some of these individuals more closely this year, either through church, school, or both. Through them, I am learning to be more open about my life and trusting of other people, not living quite as much in isolation with a closed heart.
3. I have had two fanatic jobs--one in the BIC department being a peer instructor and one in the speech path clinic as a reading specialist. Both jobs have helped me to become more responsible and caring of others. Specifically, my job in the speech path clinic has confirmed that I am where God wants me to be. I have loved every second of my job there!
4. Even through my illnesses, God has provided for me and given me strength. I know that I would not have made it successfully through this year had I been trying to do everything on my own.
5. Rushing Phi Lamb was one of the best decisions I made in the spring semester. Those godly women have taught me a lot about what it looks like to live in community and build each other up in Christ, and I can't wait to see how God uses Phi Lamb in my life in the future.
6. God gave me a wonderful roommate who pushes me toward Christ on a daily basis. We had so many moments of joy in apartment 11203! We also had our fair share of heart to hearts, and I'm so thankful for a friend like my roommate who I can talk to about pretty much anything. I am excited to be her roommate again next year, as well as for our additional two roomies to join us!! These women bring such joy to my life, and I am thrilled to be able to live life with them.
I could go on and on, but I'll save you the time and stop here. The moral of these memories? God is faithful, trustworthy, and good!! Amen, amen, and amen.