Skip to main content

My "Family"

God has blessed me tremendously with great friends and family who continue to set amazing examples of what it looks like to live a life full of love for Him. I honestly can't imagine myself without these family friends who have poured into my life and continue to pray for me and mentor me. I have grown to love these families as my own, joking with them at times but sharing my heart with them at others. Our little family of families has grown into a bigger group of people, and I am blessed by every single one of them. Even though we are far from perfect, I do believe that our "family" mirrors how Christians are supposed to fellowship with other believers, rejoicing in the good times and taking one another's burdens to God during the difficult times. These are the same people who decided to eat dinner with me in the hospital cafeteria, forgoing the good food across the street and eating the less-than-desirable hospital food. These people were with me when I got half of my right lung removed, sitting by my side even when I was dead asleep from pain medicines. These people cheered with me when I decided to attend Baylor, encouraging me to dream big for the future. These people are my FAMILY. I love them to pieces, and I am so beyond thankful for each and every one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Letter 2020

Dear friends and family, It's May 2020, which means it is another CF Awareness month and another time to talk about all the amazing things happening in the CF world! This has been a very good year in the CF community. In October of 2019, Trikafta was approved by the FDA for all people with CF with at least one copy of the dF508 mutation. 90% of people with CF have at least one copy of this specific mutation. This is a HUGE deal in the CF community because it is one of a handful of drugs that addresses the underlying cause of CF and the only drug that such a huge percentage of people with CF can take. Trikafta is a total game-changer for so many, including me. I have gained stability, I require fewer IV antibiotics, I gained lung function I thought was long gone, and I feel like I can plan things in my life again. The hard work of the CF Foundation, willing researchers who continue to search for a cure and medicines that will increase quality of life, and the generous donations fr...

CF Letter 2019

Dear friends and family, I hope you all are having a happy and healthy 2019! The Great Strides CF Walk is just around the corner, and we are gearing up for a great walk day! Since my last CF Walk letter, my health has had its ups and downs. Just before the CF walk last year, I got the sickest I have been in awhile and had to fight off pneumonia with the help of 4 weeks of IVs. I also had to do IV antibiotics in August and November. However, I have stayed relatively healthy in 2019, and for that, I am extremely grateful! Although I’ve had to fight off 2 colds, my body has been able to get through it without needing IV antibiotics. While I know I will need another round of IVs eventually, I am thoroughly enjoying being IV free. I credit this to the amazing CF therapies available to me, my compliance to my treatments, and all of your prayers for my health. I continue to take 30+ pills a day including enzymes to digest my food, vitamins and supplements that my body cannot absorb ...

COVID-19

It's been a while since I've written. To be honest, I've missed it. Not for the likes or the comments, but because I do my best processing through writing. And, as we all know, there's a lot to process right now. I decided now would be a good time to jump back into writing while I have the time. It feels like the world is in chaos. Coronavirus has lots of people on edge. Many of us are quarantined to our houses. Scientists are telling us it's going to get worse before it gets better. I saw today that we might have to practice social distancing for a year or longer until there is a vaccine. A year?? Humans are designed for community and to be around one another. How are we supposed to live like this for a year or longer? Right now, we are just starting to figure out what it means to live in the time of coronavirus. There is still so much unknown, and that leaves many of us, myself included, feeling anxious. So today, I wanted to share some positive things I've ...