Is it really almost 2013?! How crazy is that? As I get older, time seems to fly faster and faster. Life is short, shorter than we would like to believe. Every day, I strive to live like it is my last day, because in all honesty, none of us know when we are going to die. I want to make a difference with whatever time God gives me on earth.
Usually, I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I feel like the majority of people make these resolutions just to go and break them within the month. This year, however, I feel the need to write some "resolutions" on my blog. They are not necessarily what you would consider normal "resolutions", like losing weight or exercising more, but they are more ideas of how to make my 2013 a memorable, inspirational year. I hope you will hold me to these resolutions and keep me accountable!
1. Start each day with a meaningful quiet time with the Lord.
2. Make the most of every opportunity given to me.
3. Spread the love of Jesus through everything I do.
4. Continue to give 110% to everything I do.
5. Gain experience in speech pathology.
6. Maintain my good grades.
7. Read at least 1 book a month for fun.
8. Socialize more to build relationships.
9. Be kind to everyone.
10. Don't be judgmental.
11. Speak the truth, seasoned with grace.
12. Follow the Spirit's prompting.
13. Run to expand lung capacity.
14. Learn that it's okay to spend money/time on myself but also continue to enjoy spending time, energy and money on others.
15. Random acts of kindness
16. Have a selfless attitude.
17. Give glory to God in everything.
18. Manage my health care with more independence.
19. Make 2013 a year to remember.
20. Be filled with faith, hope, and love.