Thursday, March 3, 2016

Bronchoscopy

Tomorrow, I'm going in for a bronchoscopy at 8am. I have to be at the hospital at 6am, no food or drink after 11pm. For those of you who don't know, a bronchoscopy is a procedure where a doctor goes in via the oral cavity and through the throat to get to the lungs so he can take pictures of the lungs and get good, deep cultures of what bacteria is growing. It's helpful to make sure we aren't missing treating a bacteria growing in my lungs and causing me problems. I will have to have general anesthesia, which means there is the chance of complications related to that. If you would, please be sending prayers and good thoughts tomorrow, that the procedure is successful and that I don't have any complications. Thank you for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment