Skip to main content

Quote day

It's quote day on my blog today! Enjoy the quotes below along with my comments about how the quote touches my life. 
Outward beauty will fade. I don't care if you're Miss America or the highest paid model on the runway. Our physical bodies are wasting away. No exceptions. Sorry to burst your bubble.  Five, ten, even  twenty years from now, will people see beauty pouring from you by the way you live your life and through the confidence you have in your identity in Christ? Or will they simply remember a pretty face? 

The world we live in is constantly changing. When we think we've found some solid footing, an earthquake shakes through our lives, and we fall flat on our faces. I personally NEED the assurance from God that He is my rock and my foundation. With Him, my solid ground will not be shaken; I will not sink. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."

Loving God and loving people are what we are called to do. All of our actions should be driven by these two commands. This year, I am working on loving ALL people the way Christ does. I want people to see my Father through the way I love. 

My house will always serve the Lord!!

I love the power of language. It is the way we communicate, the way we persuade, the way we discuss ideas, the way we explain, the way we understand others. Language is no ordinary ability--it truly is remarkable. Don't take advantage of your linguistic abilities. They are more useful than you probably realize.

Life for me is about more than just getting through the day. I want to be challlenged by my friends and family members to live a life of influence. I want to grow in spiritual ad emotional maturity on a consistent basis. I want to dream big dreams for the future, all the while putting my faith in God's timing and will for my life. Yeah, I have cystic fibrosis. And yeah, my life looks different than the average young adult's life. I have to think about making my energy last throughout the day, staying away from germs, taking care of my health needs, doing breathing treatments, and sometimes making difficult decisions I'd rather not be faced with. "But, I have bigger dreams than just breathing." 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exciting news!!

It's been awhile since I've written a blog post. This semester has been busy--not only because of school stuff, but also because of exciting life things. About a month ago, the most amazing man got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! And of course, I said yes!

Honestly, there were times that I questioned if I would ever marry someone. Living with cystic fibrosis is hard. Choosing to be with someone with cystic fibrosis is almost crazy. Think about it; I am not a normal 23 year old. I have to plan and plan and plan to make sure I fit breathing treatments, exercise, and eating into my schedule. When I travel, I have to take a crazy amount of stuff with me--my Vest, nebulizers, compressor, pills, inhaled medication, puffers, and snacks. I have to make sure I sleep 8-9 hours a night because my body uses more energy than most, and I need sleep to fight infection. I have to have a course of IVs at least twice a year. It's hard to be spontaneous and adventurous because CF…

End of semester update

The past few weeks have been rough.

I got a cold about 3 weeks ago. No big deal, right? I hadn't gotten a cold in 10 months, which is basically a record for me. Surely my body could fight a cold off. Boy, was I wrong. After a week of fighting the cold, I started running a high fever and felt like a truck had run me over. I finally called the doctor for some reinforcements and started on an oral antibiotic and a course of steroids. Meanwhile, my school semester had just picked up, and I was down to the last 2 weeks of school. I had to finish a research paper, take 2 finals, write a final progress report for my practicum, and give really good, productive therapy. After 4 days on the antibiotic and steroids (Monday with one week of school left), I still was feeling crummy. I checked my oxygen and noticed that it was low--running at about 90-94%. I'm pretty positive the cold had turned into pneumonia. Even walking from my bedroom to my living room made me winded. It took me two-th…

A note to incoming college freshman

Recently, I was talking to a young woman who will be starting her freshman year of college in August. She didn't ask for my advice, but I gave it anyway. I tend to do that sometimes--blame my desire to help other people succeed as best as I can, I guess. Anyway, that got me thinking, what would I write if I were completely honest and vulnerable with incoming college freshman? What would I tell them that no one else seems to tell them? My freshman year was only 5 years ago, so my memories are still fresh. I came up with a list of things I found out to be true my freshman year. They may not all be true for you, but I hope and pray you gain some insight out of the lessons I learned.

1. Join a church and get plugged in to a small group. This should be your first order of business the minute you step on campus. Besides, you know, finding your dorm room and where all your classes are. Getting in a small group was literally the best thing I did freshman year. Not only did I start forming…