1. I'm thankful for the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. I recently got a call to participate in an awesome new Vertex study that has the potential to be an important discovery in the cf world (don't worry, I'll blog on this later). I'm so thankful that I have the time and the ability to participate in these studies and help make a difference in the cf community.
2. I'm thankful for scientists and researchers who have dedicated their lives to cf research. Without them, my life would be significantly different. I know cf isn't where the big bucks are, but I'm so thankful that there are people who are determined to find a cure!
3. I'm thankful for a good night of sleep. Sunday evening, I did not sleep well, and the next day, I was grouchy and struggled to stay awake in classes. I'm so thankful for the nights that I do sleep well and for all the great benefits of getting a good night of sleep.
4. I'm thankful for small victories. Yesterday at the gym, I was FINALLY able to jog for 1 minute and then walk for 1 minute for 20 minutes. I haven't been able to exercise that strenuously in awhile. Even though I would love to be able to run for longer than just a minute, I'm thankful for the small victories I see in my lung health.
5. I'm thankful for my UT Dallas professors who are kind, knowledgeable, and intelligent. I love learning from such an amazing group of clinical professionals.
6. I'm thankful for Pinterest so I can get new, creative therapy ideas!
7. I'm thankful for coffee. I definitely needed some extra caffeine this week, and I'm thankful for the simple joys of sipping on coffee in the mornings.