Friday, November 8, 2013

A poetic Friday

I want to feel beautiful.

I want to be able to observe my disfigurations and marks and see strength.

See triumph.

See God's faithfulness.

I want to look in the mirror and see a warrior.

See a fighter.

See a determined woman.

I want to appreciate myself for who I am.

Who I've been.

Who I'm going to be.

I'm tired of comparing myself to others.

Tired of blaming CF.

Tired of seeing all the damage it has done to me.

I am precious.

Despite all of my scars, inside and out.

Despite my physical incapabilities due to CF.

I am loved.

By the God of all creation.

By amazing and encouraging friends and family.

I am unique.

With this life that constantly keeps me on my toes.

With my own personality traits, characteristics, and qualities.

I am (*learning that I am*) beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment