Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday

1. BU Homecoming is one of the most unique traditions at Baylor. It's a HUGE deal. Not only do the alumni come back to go to the football game, but there's also a pep rally, bonfire, parade, and multiple performances from student organizations. I love homecoming weekend because it is so special to Baylor. All those who graduated from Baylor in the past, present, and even those who will graduate in the future are one big family, and I love being a part of that.

2. It's November, aka my birthday month! November is one of my favorite months, probably because of Thanksgiving (which is my favorite holiday). It's hard to believe that it's already November again, but the calendar doesn't lie!

3. I am so grateful to live in a democratic nation that encourages citizen participation. Think for a second how much different your life would be in a dictatorship or another authoritarian government--we wouldn't have nearly the same rights aswe do today. I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday, doing my duty as a citizen of the United States. I believe firmly in actively exercising my right to vote, especially because less than 100 years ago, I would not have been allowed to vote because I am a woman. Voting allows me to express the opinions that matter the most to me. I am so thankful to live in a country where I can vote and let my voice be heard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Letter 2019

Dear friends and family, I hope you all are having a happy and healthy 2019! The Great Strides CF Walk is just around the corner, and we are gearing up for a great walk day! Since my last CF Walk letter, my health has had its ups and downs. Just before the CF walk last year, I got the sickest I have been in awhile and had to fight off pneumonia with the help of 4 weeks of IVs. I also had to do IV antibiotics in August and November. However, I have stayed relatively healthy in 2019, and for that, I am extremely grateful! Although I’ve had to fight off 2 colds, my body has been able to get through it without needing IV antibiotics. While I know I will need another round of IVs eventually, I am thoroughly enjoying being IV free. I credit this to the amazing CF therapies available to me, my compliance to my treatments, and all of your prayers for my health. I continue to take 30+ pills a day including enzymes to digest my food, vitamins and supplements that my body cannot absorb ...

CF Letter 2020

Dear friends and family, It's May 2020, which means it is another CF Awareness month and another time to talk about all the amazing things happening in the CF world! This has been a very good year in the CF community. In October of 2019, Trikafta was approved by the FDA for all people with CF with at least one copy of the dF508 mutation. 90% of people with CF have at least one copy of this specific mutation. This is a HUGE deal in the CF community because it is one of a handful of drugs that addresses the underlying cause of CF and the only drug that such a huge percentage of people with CF can take. Trikafta is a total game-changer for so many, including me. I have gained stability, I require fewer IV antibiotics, I gained lung function I thought was long gone, and I feel like I can plan things in my life again. The hard work of the CF Foundation, willing researchers who continue to search for a cure and medicines that will increase quality of life, and the generous donations fr...

COVID-19

It's been a while since I've written. To be honest, I've missed it. Not for the likes or the comments, but because I do my best processing through writing. And, as we all know, there's a lot to process right now. I decided now would be a good time to jump back into writing while I have the time. It feels like the world is in chaos. Coronavirus has lots of people on edge. Many of us are quarantined to our houses. Scientists are telling us it's going to get worse before it gets better. I saw today that we might have to practice social distancing for a year or longer until there is a vaccine. A year?? Humans are designed for community and to be around one another. How are we supposed to live like this for a year or longer? Right now, we are just starting to figure out what it means to live in the time of coronavirus. There is still so much unknown, and that leaves many of us, myself included, feeling anxious. So today, I wanted to share some positive things I've ...