Skip to main content

Active faith

The Lord has been convicting me lately to have a vibrant and active faith. Not just a faith that I can talk about and agree with half-heartedly but a faith I literally can't contain. A faith that will stand strong no matter what life throws at me. A faith that is exemplified in an intentional prayer life. What would it look like if we all prayed believing that God can do ANYTHING? He can move mountains, He can heal illness, He can wash a person clean from all sins. Mark 11:22-24 says,

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

If I'm being honest, I struggle praying for big things. I know God is all-powerful and sovereign and relational and good and merciful and gracious, so why does my prayer life not reflect His character? God wants to hear my big requests. He wants to know what's on my heart. He desires to work all things for His glory and my good. I've got the head knowledge covered. However, I am asking God to give me heart knowledge about what faith looks like. When people look at my life, I want the first thing they notice to be my extreme faith in God and trust in His plan. Granted, asking for all things in faith does not mean that all things in my life will happen the way my plan plays out in my head. Heaven knows I do not know what is best for my life or what is best for God's glory. Let's be real here, if I ran the world, life would be pretty chaotic and insane. But that doesn't mean I can't pray with expectation, knowing that God will answer my prayers with "yes," "no," or "wait". How comforting is it that He always hears our prayers!

Whether things are going well for you or you're confused and at a loss about what God is doing in your life, He loves you and cares for you immensely. If you are a believer in Christ, He's not finished with you yet. Philippians 1:6 says, "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Jesus Christ." God is good! Pray with a deep and yearning faith. When people look at your life and mine, may they be drawn closer to God by the way we live in faith and expectation, no matter life's circumstance or situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CF Letter 2019

Dear friends and family, I hope you all are having a happy and healthy 2019! The Great Strides CF Walk is just around the corner, and we are gearing up for a great walk day! Since my last CF Walk letter, my health has had its ups and downs. Just before the CF walk last year, I got the sickest I have been in awhile and had to fight off pneumonia with the help of 4 weeks of IVs. I also had to do IV antibiotics in August and November. However, I have stayed relatively healthy in 2019, and for that, I am extremely grateful! Although I’ve had to fight off 2 colds, my body has been able to get through it without needing IV antibiotics. While I know I will need another round of IVs eventually, I am thoroughly enjoying being IV free. I credit this to the amazing CF therapies available to me, my compliance to my treatments, and all of your prayers for my health. I continue to take 30+ pills a day including enzymes to digest my food, vitamins and supplements that my body cannot absorb ...

CF Letter 2020

Dear friends and family, It's May 2020, which means it is another CF Awareness month and another time to talk about all the amazing things happening in the CF world! This has been a very good year in the CF community. In October of 2019, Trikafta was approved by the FDA for all people with CF with at least one copy of the dF508 mutation. 90% of people with CF have at least one copy of this specific mutation. This is a HUGE deal in the CF community because it is one of a handful of drugs that addresses the underlying cause of CF and the only drug that such a huge percentage of people with CF can take. Trikafta is a total game-changer for so many, including me. I have gained stability, I require fewer IV antibiotics, I gained lung function I thought was long gone, and I feel like I can plan things in my life again. The hard work of the CF Foundation, willing researchers who continue to search for a cure and medicines that will increase quality of life, and the generous donations fr...

COVID-19

It's been a while since I've written. To be honest, I've missed it. Not for the likes or the comments, but because I do my best processing through writing. And, as we all know, there's a lot to process right now. I decided now would be a good time to jump back into writing while I have the time. It feels like the world is in chaos. Coronavirus has lots of people on edge. Many of us are quarantined to our houses. Scientists are telling us it's going to get worse before it gets better. I saw today that we might have to practice social distancing for a year or longer until there is a vaccine. A year?? Humans are designed for community and to be around one another. How are we supposed to live like this for a year or longer? Right now, we are just starting to figure out what it means to live in the time of coronavirus. There is still so much unknown, and that leaves many of us, myself included, feeling anxious. So today, I wanted to share some positive things I've ...